This week Google Summer of Code concluded. It was great learning experience working under openSUSE and getting to know people here especially my mentor Michal Hrusecky, whose brilliance helped me sail through GSoC. But unlike GSoC, the Karma plugin still has a long route to travel before it approaches completion. I have chalked out the following things to work upon in the coming weeks.
- Talk to the artwork team and improve upon the badges and come up with cooler and more creative ones. ;)
- Karma user rank Calculation does not fare well with current elgg and PHP version, so find out a better way to calculate ranks.
- Karma OBS implementation is not very clean. Run some tests to improve it. Also it takes a whole lot of time to complete searching for packages that have been updated latest, so, find out a better plan.
- The twitter implementation is not able to reward protected users on Twitter, try to fix that.
- Work on allowing people to iframe their karma stats on their blogs like on Ohloh suggested by Michal.
Till then you can review Karma on Connect and let me know how you feel about it. You can also find the documentation here.