Tuesday 17 July 2012

Midterm completed


I successfully completed my midterm evaluation, its awesome! I just can't stop staring at that figure in my account :D


Till now, I have completed integration of Karma with Twitter, Bugzilla, planet openSUSE and Build service. The Build service part though complete, still needs modifications due to some troubles in the approach that I am following. Using the api and getting commit history or parsing the changes file associated with each package both have some side effects. So I'm still looking for a better solution.


Then I also have plans to reward people on forums. People providing technical help to others deserve to be rewarded I think. Though I haven't researched on how to go about it, so I won't commit anything but lets  hope it works out.


And karma plugin is deployed on Connect and working, so pull in that widget on your dashboard or your profile and have fun. I made a post about the karma widget not working but I completely forgot to post about the issue being resolved, my bad :)


So try it out, and please let me if you like it or dislike it even or leave any suggestion for me, if you think I can make it better in any way.


You can even check my code at Karma. Let me know what you feel.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I'm almost ashamed.. only 449 points, notable endeavor...

    Some questions, ideas, concerns:
    - Bug fixes: Is this the ones 'I' mark as closed/fixed? Or how do you identify what I fix?
    - Are bug reporters being rewarded? (Active testing *should* be rewarded imho)

    Tweets: Not sure why, but only one tweet of mine is seen? Given, I don't tweet daily.. but one is still very low, even for me.

    Planet openSUSE Posts: it shows 0 for me.. that is clearly wrong.. maybe issues matching several things together?

    Other than that! Great stuff! Who's the first to reach 10'000 points? (Hall of fame / Hall of Shame?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dominique,

    I'm sorry in my last post I didn't pass the link of the post wherein I've explained how Karma plugin works and which explains your queries too. But nevertheless,

    As for bug fixes, all those bugs that were assigned to you and resolved and those for which you were the information provider and they have been resolved.

    Tweets, starting from when karma plugin was established on Connect, it picks up your last five tweets and rewards them. And on checking your twitter account I found that indeed you had only a single tweet out of the five tweets that were extracted by karma and you haven't tweeted after that.

    Planet openSUSE Posts, I checked your blog too, your last post was on 20th april,2012. ;)

    Apart from developer contributions(Bugzilla and OBS), karma will reward you for contributions(in terms of marketing for openSUSE) from the time karma was deployed. So any tweets or posts way back in the past will not be counted. I think that is justified too, what do you think?

    And as far as highest scorer is concerned, there is no maximum score mark, like 10,000 for now. There is maximum score attained which is calculated every few minutes and badges are awarded with respect to this score.

    Thanks for your comments, they are extremely valuable to me, will definitely consider your ideas.

    Have fun and enjoy karma.

    ReplyDelete